Shiroishi Castle (Shiroishi-jo) is situated atop a 75 m hill overlooking the streets of Shiroishi in Miyagi Prefecture. It was built by Gamo Ujisato, who governed the Aizu region of Fukushima Prefecture in the latter half of the 16th century. It then became the castle of Master Katakura, a retainer of the Date Clan, which exercised great power in the area of present-day Miyagi Prefecture. The castle tower was destroyed by fire in 1891, and the castle was without a tower until one was finally built in 1995.
Castle tower: 300 yen
Museum: 300 yen
Samurai residence: 200 yen
common ticket for all facilities: 600 yen